Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

205 results found

1. Currently if we need to scale...we need to go through upgrading to bigger VPS or dedicated server. It would be great if we can modify how much RAM or Disk Space or Processors we want independently and get charges accordingly. This helps meet the demands on those some occasions without having to upgrade and downgrade with too much downtime...

210 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'm sure this has come up before, but a present lack of Cloud Sites support for Let's Encrypt is nudging me closer to other services.

I ended up adding a Cloudways account to support some of my clients that couldn't update to the latest PHP version, and the deployment of SSL certs through their Let's Encrypt integration saved so much time for us, as well as expense. We pay around $20/site for domain verification SSL certs, and between ordering, installing, and fixing any chain / intermediate cert issues, a minimum of 30 and sometimes more than an hour getting them…

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When my server goes down or becomes unavailable, I would like to be able to know about it wherever I am. I always have my phone with me, but I am not always at the computer or in a WiFi zone, or actively monitoring my web site.

If we could be sent an SMS message, we could take some money-saving steps such as pausing our AdWords campaigns.

I am sure it costs money to send SMS messages via the cell service providers around the world, and I would be willing to pay for that.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Storm Block Storage volumes have no backup option available. Given that these start at 150Gb and can be as large as 15Tb, the suggestion to use out-of-network backup is unrealistic and really restricts the SBS volumes to storing non-critical data.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 99% of support engineers proved to be highly skilled and very helpful.
    No offense but i would prefer to Thank them by sending them 5-10$ for each solving issue by PayPal to whatever account they nominate. It could be their personal account(preferred) or the account of the charity of their choice.

Just a suggestion.

Alex

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice to be able to add these records for use with letsencrypt or other services like this. Instead of having to find a DNS provider it would be great if this record could be supported.

See:
    https://letsencrypt.org/docs/caa/
    https://sslmate.com/caa/support

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Users which have internet connectivity loss before gracefully logging off from the Cloud VPN end up getting locked out of the VPN service because their user remains logged in and only one login session can be active at any given time for a user. This results in the customer having to contact us, and we have to reach out to networking to disconnect the user manually.

Multiple customers have expressed adding the option for them to do this from their end via manage.liquidweb.com would be very useful.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I've stayed with Liquidweb for many years due to the heroic support. It really was the best in the industry. Today, I put in my first serious request in months, and no answer for 3 hours and counting. I am renting a fully managed server for the support, help, and management. Delayed responses to support requests slow down an entire work day. Get back to doing what you do well Liquidweb, or I'll go to another company.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For your new mobile manage.liquideb.com app, would you include a "remember me" feature to save my access info?

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SBS volumes are based in SATA disks and are a great product, but they would be much more if they allowed to attach SSD disks for production systems (as azure or amazon does)

SSD-based cloud drives would allow users to have on-demand storage capacity not only for backups, but also for production systems, something very useful, for example, for Cloud VPS's using on cPanel.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am find the new system vastly harder to use than the only one.

It is hard to see any replies, when I do reply then obviously it is not seen by staff as no further action is taken. I have a ticket that has sat for 2 weeks with no staff response!

You click on Open Manage which I assume is to do with opening and managing tickets and you are sent back to the main control panel.

The emailed replies do not have any reply link and actually come from a non-liquidweb address with noreply as the user!

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  Alexandra Carl responded

We are working on improving the new HelpCenter to address these issues now. Stay tuned for updates to the system.

The Open Manage redirect has now been corrected.

12. With my new server, the default installation came with MariaDB. Considering that cPanel supports migrating from MySQL->MariaDB within UI, but NOT the reverse, MariaDB should NEVER be installed by default.

MariaDB is NOT a drop-in replacement for MySQL, e.g.:
    https://community.sugarcrm.com/ideas/1460

Furthermore, cPanel itself has backtracked on their MariaDB position and (reading between the lines) may stop supporting it at some point:
    https://blog.cpanel.com/being-a-good-open-source-community-member-why-we-hesitated-on-mysql-5-7/

The decision to support MariaDB by default dates to ensuing uncertainty around the Oracle acquisition of MySQL nearly 10 years ago. As identified by cPanel, those fears didn't play out and MySQL is still a better choice than…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With the upcoming release of Drupal 9, scheduled for June 2020, please consider upgrading MariaDB from 10.1 to 10.2.7 or greater, or including this version as an option when creating a new database in Cloudsites.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi, After talking with LW support, as they state they get lots of complaints on this. I don't believe this is a available but it is very necessary that it is and as they sent me over here to write this.

For a very long time we all have been selling "Premium Business Email Hosting" and we sell it with all the features including the "Chat via Webmail" as it gives us a one up on the office 365 and others we compete against out there.

Feature List: https://www.liquidweb.com/products/add-ons/email/#view-plans

The issue is: As Liquidweb's default provisioning with DNS and this…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I need to request a new block of IP addresses for our dedicated servers, I log into manage.liquidweb.com and click and read and click and read and click and click and click... it is always so difficult for me to find the IP Request area. I think it should be under Networking. As it is, you have to go under Overview, then click the plus sign next to your server, then click Network, and finally you are able to request IPs. Completely hidden option.

If you can't "move" the feature, at least put some instructions under Networking that tells…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Alexandra Carl responded

A planned rework of manage.liquidweb.com will include this change.

Thank you for providing this feedback. We agree that it is a critical task that is currently difficult to discover.

16. For tax season it would be great to combine all invoices (with details) into a single PDF. Either with each individual invoice in it, or an overview listed of everything charged in a given year.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Lets Enctypt SSL certificates are used plenty, please add automated tools to install and mantain such certificates :D
    Cheers!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'd love to be able to specify a custom domain for staging sites so that it is easier for the client to access. For instance, staging.example.com is much easier (and more professional looking in my opinion) than example-staging.xlwiewos-liquidwebsites.com

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Managing cloud sites would be a lot easier with at least restricted SSH access within a chroot of our site directory.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This needs to be fixed, we need to always be able to use mail.ourclientdomains.com and when our clients go there, they get the screen that shows to login but when they submit it says invalid login. The work around is to tell customers to add "s" https then try again and it works. However, this is a pain and we need correct dns CNAME entries that are auto propogated that works with out the workaround. Right now the CNAME records that are auto configured are INVALID.

I think Rackspace should redirect mail.emailsrvr.com to a whitelabel secure login and this would…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?