I suggest you ...

scale RAM, Disk Space, Processors independently

Currently if we need to scale...we need to go through upgrading to bigger VPS or dedicated server. It would be great if we can modify how much RAM or Disk Space or Processors we want independently and get charges accordingly. This helps meet the demands on those some occasions without having to upgrade and downgrade with too much downtime...

169 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RoshanRoshan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • amswebamsweb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed. i upgraded my VPS because we needed more RAM, and it cost $60/month to go from 2GB to 4GB, since I chose a SDD drive server and it's giving me more disk space. Right now I don't even have that disk space allocated as it's never a good time to take down your websites (again) for space that we don't need yet.

• chrischris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be fantastic! I would be willing to buy the decision maker(s) a fine beer :)

• MarinoMarino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recently when I upgraded from the 32 to the 48GB VPS plan where both have 1.5TB drives it still copied all the data (~500GB) to a new drive resulting in 6hr downtime.

• Milton TanMilton Tan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Great suggestion.

I'm currently on VPS and $150 for 2 single core CPUs is simply way too expensive compared to other hosting solutions, especially when I don't really need the extra RAM or disk space.

Being able to scale RAM, disk space, processors independently would make liquidweb truly a cloud hosting solution.

Feedback and Knowledge Base