General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Currently when phoning in to the support desk customers are asked to state their account number and passphrase. This is done verbally.

The assumption being made is that no one else is within ear shot. I think this is a very weak assumption, and given that these credentials give full access to the system (effectively), this is actually a very significant security oversight.

Please consider allowing customers to enter a PIN on the keypad. This would alleviate the issue.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. International calling is expensive so please add a freephone number to call liquidweb support internationally.

I am aware I can use live chat or ticket but sometimes it’s better to speak on the phone.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be nice to simply user access by allowing SMAL authentication, so we can integrate access to the various portals and our Azure Active Directory.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Having just suffered a ransomware attack with another ESP whose virtualization platform, like LiquidWeb's, is based on Windows HyperVisor, we're particularly sensitive to the real-world downsides of having Windows in our enterprise.

Should LW, while unlikely, suffer a similar fate of having the Windows host servers our Linux instances are hosted on get encrypted, having the images off site and on our own offsite backups, we'd be able to re-upload the images to LW and restore service again.

As it stands now, while unlikely, it is possible for the host server to be encrypted and for the onsite backups at…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have been in the software industry for over 30 years, and I have created websites on Azure, AWS, and h-sphere. This control panel is by far the most difficult to get rolling.

If you could provide a link for the user for walking them through the systems they have subscribed to, it would make a huge difference.

For bonus points, make sure they are aware of the meaning of the mysterious

"lfd on host.yourdomainhere.com: Suspicious process running under user dovecot"

... that starts pouring into their mailbox. Apparently (based on a quick google) this is something that happens in…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The #1 thing I do inside the Managed Wordpress dashboard on a regular basis is initiate a backup of each of my sites. I would love to see a "backup" shortcut link on the main "my sites" screen under each site profile/preview, so that i don't have to click into the site > click backups > click to initiate backup, each time for every site. small incremental time savers like this would really add up.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In Cloudsites, I sometimes have an end client that wants access to their own zone records. Usually it's an IT person who needs to add a record for a subdomain or routing through Barracuda spam filters, etc. Right now a client's access to the control panel is quite limited, and it doesn't give them access to their own zone records.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would love an automated feature to push a staging site to the live site (production site). It's one click to copy a live site to staging inside Managed Wordpress, but it's a headache to then get the staging site back to live.

I know the WP Merge plugin is a better fit for many sites, especially those that use Woo Commerce or that are being actively updated. But still, it would be nice if something like the WP Merge process was baked into the Managed Wordpress interface.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable the ability to be able to run a backup of staging environments in Managed WordPress, and restore if the changes you make kill the site.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Having the ability to debug PHP code is very important for developers who need hosting. You do not market to developers (or you do not know how to.) They need to know that they can use VS Code (for example) on their desktops and connect remotely to their webserver. A port is needed for this but you do not support. Developers will silently move on to a different hosting plan and you will never know that you are losing their business so here is a hint from the development community... Fix it and gain business from developers!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When I log into LiquidWeb and look at my managed WordPress site information, I would like it to include the amount of storag space I've used.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I log on and land on the new portal, I cannot find the link for my website's dashboard there. Please make a link to it bleeding obvious , like maybe a "Websites" or "Dashboards" icon across the top menu.
    Also, if I want to find the backups page, and enter "backups" in the search box, why isn't the actual page where I can access backups the first choice rather than only support docs that also do not tell me where to find my dashboard. Why send customers through these twisty little passages?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Lets Enctypt SSL certificates are used plenty, please add automated tools to install and mantain such certificates :D
    Cheers!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hey support , The new GUI looks annoying , we are unable to select additional contact emails while creating support tickets . Since we have to receive notifications in email addresses that not as a primary contact email

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, you bring up a valid point. We agree, this functionality would be very helpful and we will review. May we also get your case number, so that we can ensure your case is being taken care of?

15. It would be a great process improvement in the Manage interface to have the Plesk link for Plesk Storm Images automatically log users in as discussed here (https://talk.plesk.com/threads/api-feature-request-method-to-auto-login-a-user.298105/) and documented here (https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213411289-How-to-create-Autologin-using-an-API-request-in-Plesk-)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be a great feature to be able to see the status of a current daily Storm backup in progress (i.e. running, scheduled).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Not being able to rename cloudsites is problematic from time to time. Would love the ability to rename something so i could keep a backup of oldsite when creating a new version, etc - without a lot of extra steps.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This isn't an idea, it's a comment or a thought... I didn't appreciate the threatening note in my 1st of the month invoice telling me you'd suspend my account if not paid. I've been with you folks for MANY MANY years, I'm not late nor past due on anything... it was the first bill for the month. Your new unjustified threatening messages are a huge disappointment ... I have so many more words and comments but they'll be pointless if this is the direction in attitude that you're heading in. (sigh)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add an ability in LW firewall rules to specify a list of ports in one rule.

If you have several ports you're looking to open for a given group of people, say a developer working on your dev server: 22, 3306, 80, 443, having to specify both each person's source IP and the ports you want open for them is a horribly time consuming task.

Why not let users specify lists in the port box like:

22, 80, 443, 3306

The same thing goes for creating rule groups, i.e. give us the ability to create those four ports as…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?