General

One feature I would like to see is:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT - NICK YUNKER

Just talked to Nick Yunker who helped me sort out all my CPanel issues. Really knowledgeable guy, this is the best customer support I ever had! The phone call was really long but he was very patient and took the time to explain me everything and answer every question I had.
    I will stay with Liquid Web in the future thanks to Nick.

Thank you sir!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. nginx 404 handler

Treat PHP 404's the same as other 404's.

For some strange reason, LiquidWeb has configured Nginx to treat these types of 404 differently. That means that if someone goes to your LW WordPress hosted site and requests 'doesnotexist.php' the error message is a plain boring 404 page with "file not found" but if someone requests 'doesnotexist' it shows the theme's custom 404 page that looks nice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Nested Email Conversations for Premium Business Email Webmail

I would think this would be a pretty standard feature for webmail. It was available via Webmail in cPanel, but with PBE you can't have conversation groupings within webmail. Meaning responses are all over the place in the inbox instead of together.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Guardian Reporting

What is Guardian really doing each day and is it really backing up the databases and all the data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Non Cpanel Local Backups and Object Storage Backup

We need to be able to backup without cPanel and also need a way to backup your object storage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Top 5 History entries should fade to grey after 30 days - easier to notice new entries!

On the Overview page of the control panel under cloud servers (and the Dashboard) there is a widget that always shows the last 5 historical log messages. If the color of these entries would fade to grey after a set period of time (ie 30 days) then it would be much easier to recognize at a glance if new messages are displayed. Thus saving time re-reading old news repeatedly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add storm server image for debian 9 64-bit

It'd be great to have a server image for Debian 9 the latest version of Debian stable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Account Info to include Eastern USA Time Zone

We were asked to update our information in Account, however the time zone says Central and we are Eastern, which is not an option (today).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Email notifications for usage alerts

Allow email notifications for hitting warning and critical allotments for bandwidth, compute cycles and disk space. Currently it is not very user friendly and difficult to keep track of which can cause hundreds of dollars a month in overage charges.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Canned Responses

It would be great to have a Canned Responses feature in Premium Business Email's webmail interface. I've already had a client moving from cPanel/Roundcube and found that this feature is missing. Seems that wouldn't be a huge deal to implement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. White label control panel for cloud sites

Cloud sites control panel is branded, then it is not possible to provide to our customers access to manage their resources. It would be great to have a white label panel for our customers then we can give access to them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. NEVER install MariaDB by default (unless explicitly requested)

With my new server, the default installation came with MariaDB. Considering that cPanel supports migrating from MySQL->MariaDB within UI, but NOT the reverse, MariaDB should NEVER be installed by default.

MariaDB is NOT a drop-in replacement for MySQL, e.g.:
    https://community.sugarcrm.com/ideas/1460

Furthermore, cPanel itself has backtracked on their MariaDB position and (reading between the lines) may stop supporting it at some point:
    https://blog.cpanel.com/being-a-good-open-source-community-member-why-we-hesitated-on-mysql-5-7/

The decision to support MariaDB by default dates to ensuing uncertainty around the Oracle acquisition of MySQL nearly 10 years ago. As identified by cPanel, those fears didn't play out and MySQL is still a better choice than…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow scheduled Storm backups, twice weekly

Allow scheduled Storm backups. Currently the only option is daily and so in order to get more than a week of backups I need 500Gb. If I do not get more than a week of duration then the backups will be overwritten too quickly and I do not need 8 consecutive days of backup. Why not also offer a twice weekly option? Then I could drop to 250Gb and 4 backups would span 2 weeks. Then I would have more restore options further back in time is a problem is discovered.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. WHM Link Change to https://my.serverName.com:2087

On the dashboard it has the following options when expanding a server:
    "Log into your server" ... ... [Webhost Manager]
    When clicking on the Webhost Manager it provides a link to the IP address to access WHM. Accessing the server through the IP address always gives a security exception.

My request is that you modify the link so that it sends you to "https://my.servername.com:2087/"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Access webmail account from Email Control Panel

We are a franchise company and we own the data within the email account and the email accounts themselves, as part of the agreement. We need to have access into the accounts, at the admin level, and are migrating in from a situation that had that. We would like to speak to someone about that functionality. We do have legal documentational proof that we own the accounts and the materials within.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to rename cloudsites

Not being able to rename cloudsites is problematic from time to time. Would love the ability to rename something so i could keep a backup of oldsite when creating a new version, etc - without a lot of extra steps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please make a full page access available on mobile.

Please make a full page access available on mobile. Very often I’m away from my pc - for eg I cannot add a new IP address right now :( If we could click ‘show desktop version’ or all desktop options were available in responsive/ mobile version it would make our lives much easier. And like others, unblocking IP from mobile would be very helpful too. Thank you :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this excellent suggestion. We agree that having a fully function mobile site is critical, especially as we continue to build and add more features to manage.liquidweb.com.

I’m happy to say that we are deep in the planning stages of revamping the entire manage.liquidweb.com interface which will include expanding the mobile options to include all features.

I will keep you updated with our progress in this area.

18. Cloud Flrewall: Custom Configuration Functionality

Networking => Cloud Firewall ... excellent feature.

We can create a custom firewall configuration. We can edit a custom firewall configuration. Excellent stuff.

Unfortunately, we cannot:
    (1) remove an existing custom firewall configuration;
    (2) edit the name of a custom firewall configuration;
    (3) create a new custom firewall configuration based on an existing configuration.

Not only can we not do it ourselves ... but apparently, no member of the Liquid Web Support team can do it either.

Please provide us with the ability to do these simple taks within the cloud firewall configuration area in the account dashboard.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Email PDF of the statement when auto payments are completed

Pretty simple. Instead of making me log in to reconcile receipts, just send me an email with an attached PDF of the invoice or statement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. make billing statement available in Mobile version

A email receipt arrives. I "Click" here to see invoice. Mobile version of site loads. However account shows no invoices. It simply shows that I have no balance due.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base