Skip to content

Managed WordPress

Managed WordPress

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

68 results found

1. REcently we noticed that our site was unaccessible. I turned to Liquids-chatt to ask why.

They said that our PHP process was maxed ut, thus making the site not respond. So they reset the PHP process and site started working again. Here's my problem:

1) Why dont Liquid Web get notified about PHP being maxed out automatically? I should not have to login, start chatt to tell you guys that somethings wrong. Instead, when that happens, you should have warning systems that lets you know that this happened and then resetting the PHP.
    2) When this happens, and you are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When updating a staging site from a production site, the staging site is not inheriting the flag that tells WC Subscriptions that it's now on a different URL, and that it should disable itself to avoid duplicate charges for customers. This functionality is built into WC Subscriptions, and has worked correctly on other hosting platforms I've used.

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/subscriptions-handles-staging-sites/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. PLEASE allow WP Database hostnames to just be "localhost" rather than a path. The only thing preventing me from moving 150 websites to Liquid web is the fact that most are ecommerce sites that require QuickBooks syncing and QB doesn't all "/" in the host address...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We have an internal domain with the same external website name. While this is not best practice, the general work around would be to have an alias/a record in DNS to re-direct the traffic. In the case of Liquid Web, although they accept both www and non-www requests, they strip any www request and direct it to it's non-www domain. This is where the problem exists for my website.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I had enabled PASSWORD PROTECTION on a site I was testing and went back and forth a bit with support on why my cron jobs wasn't working. After a few days finally found out that password protection will break cron jobs since they can loop back to the site. While that's understandable it should be a warning, it also makes it nearly impossible to test development of plugins without use of a cron, so a work around or solution for this would be good since it's advertised as "This can be especially useful during site development."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please allow more than one email address to receive update notifications on a Managed WP site

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When embeding images from a third party site (e.g. Amazon S3) and you create a staging site, all images break. This makes the site kind of unusable if off load plugins are being used.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. i get 30 emails a night saying "plugin update failed for xyz website" (one for each website on my server). when i go into an install to review the plugin updates, the issue is that the tool is not letting the website load fully before comparing, so the sliders and other visual things looks different enough to trigger the failure. how can we get the system to actually let the page load all the way first before comparing? there is no real issue 100% of the time so far that I have checked, it's just not letting the page load…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. During a "manual" migration the wp-config.php from my old site was renamed to wp-config.php.orig, and left in the html folder, meaning it was publicly viewable to anyone.
    PLUS, a database dump was performed and left in the html folder, exposing the entire database to anyone who put the URL into a browser.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I didn't know it would replace all the email addresses when the site was copied, so I couldn't log in with my email address and had no idea why.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I really like the WP static menu caching plugin you have developed https://github.com/liquidweb/wp-static-menus but we need to show a separate menu for logged in users and another for logged out users. We are currently using a plugin to make individual menu items conditional on logged in status and hence the menu caching doesn't work. Can you modify the plugin to allow for logged in / out cache versions? Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I learned today that on the product page for MWP when it says "Fully Managed WordPress We take care of updating WordPress for you so you don't need to. Stop dreading those releases. We've got your back." doesn't actually mean fully managed because it doesn't apply to the most critical WP updates, Major revision updates (4.9.x to 5.x)

if it's not going to include major revisions, the automated testing tool that does a visual comparison should work for core updates at the very least, and that sales language should be updated to be accurate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Jessica Frick responded

Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m bringing this back to the team to review and will report back once I have more details about the status of our Visual Compare tool as it relates to this.

13. In Managed WordPress I am trying to change the PHP version from 7.0 to 7.2 I am being blocked by errors reported about 2 plugins that are getting false positives as being incompatible, Infinite WP and WordFence. Could those be added to the list of false positives, so that I can switch the version without involving support?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us! I’m bringing this back to the product team for consideration in a future update. I’ll be sure to post back here once we have a resolution. Thanks again!

14. To be fully HSTS compliant a host should only issue a HSTS header over a secure transport layer. This is because an attacker can maliciously strip out or inject a HSTS header into insecure traffic. For that reason, a browser should also disregard any HSTS headers received via HTTP, so technically it shouldn't matter if you do issue it over HTTP. Still, it's best to do it right. In your nginx server block, specifically the one that listens on port 443, you need to add a new response header.

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    servername scotthelme.co.uk;
    add
    header Strict-Transport-Security…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Really like to have option for hourly backups on managed WooCommerce hosting or even real time backups. At the moment there are only daily backups which isn't sufficient for Ecommerce sites.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great is at least one back-up was maintained of the stage site. We accidentally overwrote stage with live and wiped out several hours of work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to suggest this. We are taking this under consideration for a future release and will be sure to post here should it become an available feature.

17. Right now only one user (s1, for example) can use SSH to access the server. I think the idea here is that SSH would be used rarely and on a one-off basis, with each user erasing the previous password and generating a new one each time. Unfortunately, this is awful for teams and also doesn't work for services which need persistent connections--e.g. tools like eMagicOne WooCommerce Store Manager, or anything else that requires direct access to the Woocommerce database for bulk import/export/etc. Users either share a password and never change it (terrible for security) or they can't use a wide…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. you run CURL v 7.35.0 - can you please update that to the latest version?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Jessica Frick responded

Thank you for taking the time to request this. We are planning this update in a future release and will update this post once it’s live. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can offer additional assistance.

19. As a premium WordPress Managed product, aren't we suppose to get firewall protection? CloudFlare does just offer a basic free plan with Liquidweb.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently Managed Wordpress sites lack the ability to use native mail functions like php's mail(). This really hurts forms as an external smtp server must be used. Having mail() ability, with the server set to use REMOTE mail exchanger, would be very beneficial.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing this request with us, Justyn! I’ve brought this back to the team for review and consideration.

• Don't see your idea?