Skip to content

Managed WordPress

Managed WordPress

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

68 results found

1. Allow assignment of granular permissions to users in the managed wordpress platform. E.g. restrict access to only certain sites. E.g. for purposes of granting staging / push to live access to third party developers, while preserving security of other sites.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Jessica Frick responded

Thanks again for sharing this with us, Adam. We agree that this is an important feature and intend to make improvements to the user delegation and permissions systems in the future.

2. Ability to view bandwidth and storage metrics in Managed WordPress dashboard for each site.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to suggest this. We agree that this would be exceptionally helpful and we are planning to offer this in the future. We will be sure to post here when it becomes an available feature.

3. Allow us to have multiple ftp logins for the accounts so that each user that has access to an install can have their own ftp login to that site

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Ani King responded

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding sftp users within Managed WordPress. While we currently have sftp/ssh users and permissions set up with security in mind, I understand that may not be allowing you to accomplish what you need, and we are actively reviewing ways to improve upon ways that you and others access your sites.

4. Can you consider allowing us to change the primary domain without checking to see if the A record points to the IP address first?

Doing so would allow us to use firewall services like sucuri or to test out the new host by editing our host files.

Also, it prevents the short amount of downtime while the A record points to the new server but the certificate is not setup etc..

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Ani King responded

We are currently looking at ways to improve upon domain changes and appreciate you sharing your feedback about how this impacts you so we can make sure it’s considered as we go forward.

5. I have had a number of Managed WordPress Sites fail lately due to the auto renewal of SSL certificates functionality ceasing to function. Instead of waiting for customers to complain that their site isn't working, it would be nice if you'd assign someone on your team to monitor those frequently and just make sure these certs don't expire.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. At least a half dozen times I have deleted it in the last year and talked to support 2 or 3 times, no one has a solution or timeline for a solution. Updated PHP from 7.0 to 7.2 tonight and sure enough, right after the update it was back again.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add backup ability for staging environment.
    Also when users do a manual backup, let them name the backup.
    These are 2 very important features that WPEngine has, and you should too

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Ani King responded

Thank you for reaching out to let us know a few ways we can improve upon our backup system within Managed WordPress. We’re reviewing these suggestions, and appreciate the feedback.

8. It would be great to have the ability to update the Staging Site URL or at least create the name using the domain URL instead of using the generic server URL.

It would be so much easier to tell users or managers to go to staging.domainname.com instead of having to email them a long staging site name that no one will ever remember so if they don't bookmark it or save the email you have to continue to send it out.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Jessica Frick responded

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us, Justin! We can see how that would be a very helpful feature. There are some changes coming relatively soon that should help with this, but we’ll take this specific request under review for potential inclusion in that future update. We’ll be sure to update here when a status change is available. Thanks again!

9. It would be helpful to receive a text or email when a backup fails so we could do a manual one. We've had a handful of random failures of Wordpress automatic backups; for our main site that's updated daily, even a single missed backup could be a problem.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Lindsey responded

John, I cannot believe we haven’t thought of this before! Obviously, we should and do take backups seriously. I really like this idea and can’t wait to take it to our Managed WordPress team for review. Thank you for your feedback.

10. It would be great to have the ability to define special pages that are used for comparison. Usecase: there are fragile pages that break easily.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to suggest this. We can see how this would be helpful for your given use case. That said, we have taken this under consideration for the future and will be sure to report back here if it’s released as a feature.

11. Can you implement a timezone selection for the server that affects the automated update tasks it performs? As it stands presently, I operate on GMT and because all automation tasks are set using CST it means that all my sites start to update around 09:00 GMT when people are trying to use them. Also, I can't create a rename websites in the morning presently because the task is put at the back of the plugin update queue. In short, I can only use MWP for half my working day.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us, Samuel! We agree that this would be a smart update for our non-US customers and we’ve put this under review for a future update. We’ll be sure to update here when it’s available. Thanks again!

12. This would be a helpful feature for agencies that resell the service. The ability to suspend accounts is a great way to improve collections of past due invoices from clients.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us! I absolutely love this idea and am bringing this back to the team for consideration in a future release. We appreciate you sharing this with us and I hope you’ll continue to reach out if other things come up that you’d like to see in the platform. Thanks again!

13. Flywheel (where I moved from) combines multiple MWP servers into one single dashboard. With 60 accounts at Liquid Web, now I have to manage two separate logins. I don't need a 100-site plan at this time. This isn't a huge deal, but it is inconvenient for me and for those working for me.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to request this! We agree that this is offers a great user experience and we are planning to offer this in the future. We’ll be sure to update here once it’s available. Thanks again!

14. Due to some accounts being outside of the U.S. It would be nice if the timing of the automatic plugin updates were set to run at a time that is not during business hours in other time zones such as GMT.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us, Ryk! We can easily see why this would be very helpful for our customers outside of the US and we have put this under review for a future update. We’ll be sure to update here when it’s available. Thanks again!

15. Just like the Wordpress version, we need to be able to see the PHP version. Otherwise we have to click through each one of them. It becomes a real problem when it's too much to do in a single sitting, much less with multiple people in there.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. List the Wordpress version of each backup alongside PHP version. That way you know what backup you can revert to if there is a problem with a wordpress update.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to suggest this! We really like this idea and will be including it in our backlog for a future update. I’ll be sure to post here once it’s available. Thanks again.

17. For managed wordpress, please consider implementing a feature where you can add a basic auth password on wp-admin/login easily from the managed wordpress portal.

A simple nginx conf file and htpasswd file would do the trick.

It's nice to have a second password on these.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to suggest this! We agree that it would be helpful to have this functionality and we are planning to offer it in the future. Once this is available, we’ll be sure to report back here.

In the meanwhile, we recommend this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/password-protected/

We hope this helps!

18. A way to bypass or disable the "Visual Comparison" tool for automatic plugin updates - either globally or individually by site.

Many websites have animations / sliders on their homepage which causes many of the "automatic" updates to trigger emails each day requiring that you login to each and manually update the plug-ins.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to suggest this. We can see how this would be helpful for your given use case. That said, we have taken this under consideration for the future and will be sure to report back here if it’s released as a feature.

19. I tried to get started with it for a project today and could not find any answers to detailed questions about excluding tables, and how things work. I spoke to 2 LiquidWeb support people and they did not have access to any more information than I did, and WPMerge.io does not seem to have any live support themselves. The end result is that I am going to have to implement the new design and content on the site manually.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We would like an API in order to create and manage sites on the Managed WordPress platform so we can automate the creation of sites and deployments of sites via Git. Maybe this API could use the WP CLI along with any other custom-built solution you may use.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?