Skip to content

Managed WordPress

Managed WordPress

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

13 results found

1. The Copy to Staging button is so useful for upgrading plugins and testing everything. If everything is good it would be helpful to have a button to send the changes to production. This is a must-have feature in my opinion.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Jessica Frick responded

With our addition of WP Merge, this functionality (although more robust than a single button) is now available to Managed WordPress and Managed WooCommerce customers. If you do not yet have this on your account but you would like to have it added, please contact our support team and we will gladly assist you. Thanks!

2. Most services allow for multiple domains associated with a site. This should have been part of the service from the get-go.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. update to php v7.3.

wordpress site health is saying that it's a security risk.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your patience. We neglected to update here when PHP 7.3 was released, but it’s been available for some time now. We hope you found the upgrade process to be simple and smooth!

4. 25% of the web supports HTTP/2 as of Aug 2018, and the performance benefits are there. Also, WPEngine has it. I think it should be offered by default.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This update was pushed live last week and support for HTTP2 is now available. Thank you for the suggestion and for your patience!

5. The current system is super clunky, and takes way longer than doing it through WHM / cPanel. It frequently gets stuck showing "Installing..." in the notifications box, and I end up having to contact support to fix something that's wrong.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for letting us know that the new site creation function isn’t always working smoothly. While the installation function is setting up WordPress and any must use plugins, it shouldn’t be sticking in the install state. I’ll make sure we take a look at what might be happening when you’re setting up new sites and use that information to see how we can improve this situation for you and others.

UPDATE: This issue should be resolved now. Should you encounter this situation again, please contact us and we will investigate immediately. Thank you!

6. Add some reporting. Right now I could use a simple list of our domains, would make billing out for the management of these domains easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Alexandra Carl responded

Thanks for this suggestion. You can see a full list of the domains in your manage.liquidweb.com account by clicking on “Domains” on the left menu.

We are also currently building a new version of manage.liquidweb.com, to be launched towards the end of 2019, with an upgraded view of all domains. If you would like to be part of the early testing group, please let me know and I’ll be happy to add you to the list.

7. The salesperson who demoed Managed WordPress for us said you would be adding support for Multisite soon. We would still like this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You said in another thread that you have enabled this. But I just chatted with customer service and they say it's still not enabled for managed wordpress sites. When will it be enabled?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We found the chat where a member of our team said it wasn’t available, but that’s not the case. Please accept our apology for any confusion caused by this.

HTTP/2 is already enabled on all Managed WordPress and WooCommerce accounts — no further action is necessary.

Should you have additional questions, please open a new chat or ticket with our team and we’ll gladly assist you.

9. Looking at my dashboard, it says that my sites are running version 4.9.9 and that it is the latest version.

After a conversation with support, it seems that the upgrade process to get to a 5.X branch is this:
    1. Turn of core updates.
    2. Manually update the site.
    3. Every 59 days chat with support to get another 60 days so that core updates won't turn back on and revert the site back to 4.9.9.

If a perfect world, the updater will magically update the site to 5.1 and everything will work perfectly forever. I understand that this is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate the patience you had with us while we worked through the complexities involved with this. Hopefully our recent push solved your challenge associated with the latest WP version. If not, please contact our support team and we’ll gladly assist you. Thank you!

10. Currently the nginx config :
    location = /robots.txt {
    accesslog off;
    log
    not_found off;
    }

Fails to pass robots.txt requests to WordPress which returns a 404 when it would normally server WordPress's default virtual robots.txt. This viritual robots.txt is also used be sevreal plugins that hook into and customize it.

fix:
    location = /robots.txt {
    tryfiles $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;
    access
    log off;
    lognotfound off;
    }

For reference please see:

https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/do_robots/

also useful:
    https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/248124/generating-robots-txt-dynamically

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I've been using the system for a total of 3 days, and have had to call support now 4 times because the system seems to get "stuck" updating the WP version, in this case 4.9.6 --> 4.9.7.

It will just spin and spin, which of course prevents me from managing the site inside MWP dashboard, even though the site actually gets updated in the individual site WP dashboard.

Your support reps have had to essentially manually kill or update the process to get it to stop.

I have high hopes for the system, but this has not been a good…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tim! I’m marking this as “completed,” as this is not a feature suggestion, but rather a request that the platform work as promised. It sounds like there’s something wrong with your setup that is definitely unusual and needs to be addressed by support. This said, we definitely do not like hearing this is happening and we are standing by to help. Please let our support team know if this happens again and we’ll assist you right away. Thank you.

12. I've noticed that a number of my managed sites have updated plugins recently, and the before/after comparison is just a 502 Bad Gateway page. The updates run because there is no visual difference in these pages, but it's a dangerous situation as it's not actually reporting true success/failure. I raised a ticket about this and was told that a fix is on the way but is 'some time off' - I think stopping the update needs to be treated more urgently than this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing this with us, Steve. I’ve discussed this with our team and the fix is on the way now. We expect it will be in place (tested and live) within the next few weeks. Should you encounter any other issues related to this, please share your experience here. I’ll keep an eye on this issue until the fix in place and will update when it’s live. Thanks again.

UPDATE ON 7/6/2018: The fix is in place and this issue should be resolved going forward. Thank you for your patience!

13. Ability to add Expires Headers to nginx on Managed Wordpress platform

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Ani King responded

Hello and thank your for the suggestion. At this time we do automatically configure the Managed WordPress platform for Expires Headers within nginx. Can you tell us more about any issues you may be experiencing? In addition, our dedicated Managed WordPress support team would be happy to help make sure there are not configuration issues causing the Cache-Control or Expires header to be overwritten. You can reach them directly by opening a ticket or chat from your Managed WordPress portal, or by calling 833-845-4527.

• Don't see your idea?