Skip to content

Managed WordPress

Managed WordPress

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

21 results found

1. List the Wordpress version of each backup alongside PHP version. That way you know what backup you can revert to if there is a problem with a wordpress update.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Jessica Frick responded

Thank you for taking the time to suggest this! We really like this idea and will be including it in our backlog for a future update. I’ll be sure to post here once it’s available. Thanks again.

2. This would be a helpful feature for agencies that resell the service. The ability to suspend accounts is a great way to improve collections of past due invoices from clients.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us! I absolutely love this idea and am bringing this back to the team for consideration in a future release. We appreciate you sharing this with us and I hope you’ll continue to reach out if other things come up that you’d like to see in the platform. Thanks again!

3. I learned today that on the product page for MWP when it says "Fully Managed WordPress We take care of updating WordPress for you so you don't need to. Stop dreading those releases. We've got your back." doesn't actually mean fully managed because it doesn't apply to the most critical WP updates, Major revision updates (4.9.x to 5.x)

if it's not going to include major revisions, the automated testing tool that does a visual comparison should work for core updates at the very least, and that sales language should be updated to be accurate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m bringing this back to the team to review and will report back once I have more details about the status of our Visual Compare tool as it relates to this.

4. In Managed WordPress I am trying to change the PHP version from 7.0 to 7.2 I am being blocked by errors reported about 2 plugins that are getting false positives as being incompatible, Infinite WP and WordFence. Could those be added to the list of false positives, so that I can switch the version without involving support?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us! I’m bringing this back to the product team for consideration in a future update. I’ll be sure to post back here once we have a resolution. Thanks again!

5. Rather than just vaguely saying there was an issue, it would be really nice to optionally choose to see the exact reason a primary domain has reverted.

If there was an advanced error log that could be seen, that would make it easier to use this platform as a system technician, as opposed to running to the Live Chat any time something goes wrong.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We agree that this would improve the experience and we’re taking it under consideration for a future update. We’ll be sure to post back here with progress notes. Thanks again!

6. It would be great to have the ability to define special pages that are used for comparison. Usecase: there are fragile pages that break easily.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to suggest this. We can see how this would be helpful for your given use case. That said, we have taken this under consideration for the future and will be sure to report back here if it’s released as a feature.

7. It would be great is at least one back-up was maintained of the stage site. We accidentally overwrote stage with live and wiped out several hours of work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to suggest this. We are taking this under consideration for a future release and will be sure to post here should it become an available feature.

8. A way to bypass or disable the "Visual Comparison" tool for automatic plugin updates - either globally or individually by site.

Many websites have animations / sliders on their homepage which causes many of the "automatic" updates to trigger emails each day requiring that you login to each and manually update the plug-ins.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to suggest this. We can see how this would be helpful for your given use case. That said, we have taken this under consideration for the future and will be sure to report back here if it’s released as a feature.

9. It would be great to have the ability to update the Staging Site URL or at least create the name using the domain URL instead of using the generic server URL.

It would be so much easier to tell users or managers to go to staging.domainname.com instead of having to email them a long staging site name that no one will ever remember so if they don't bookmark it or save the email you have to continue to send it out.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us, Justin! We can see how that would be a very helpful feature. There are some changes coming relatively soon that should help with this, but we’ll take this specific request under review for potential inclusion in that future update. We’ll be sure to update here when a status change is available. Thanks again!

10. Can you implement a timezone selection for the server that affects the automated update tasks it performs? As it stands presently, I operate on GMT and because all automation tasks are set using CST it means that all my sites start to update around 09:00 GMT when people are trying to use them. Also, I can't create a rename websites in the morning presently because the task is put at the back of the plugin update queue. In short, I can only use MWP for half my working day.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us, Samuel! We agree that this would be a smart update for our non-US customers and we’ve put this under review for a future update. We’ll be sure to update here when it’s available. Thanks again!

11. Due to some accounts being outside of the U.S. It would be nice if the timing of the automatic plugin updates were set to run at a time that is not during business hours in other time zones such as GMT.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us, Ryk! We can easily see why this would be very helpful for our customers outside of the US and we have put this under review for a future update. We’ll be sure to update here when it’s available. Thanks again!

12. The BlogVault plugin being suggested is quite slow, sitting now at 40 minutes to migrate a small site. ManageWP does this within just a few minutes, but I cannot use it to migrate to my managed wordpress hosting because of the database configuration.

Tools like ManageWP are part of our workflows and using an alternate, slower, clunkier method like BlogVault makes it painful to add new clients to the managed hosting

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently Managed Wordpress sites lack the ability to use native mail functions like php's mail(). This really hurts forms as an external smtp server must be used. Having mail() ability, with the server set to use REMOTE mail exchanger, would be very beneficial.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing this request with us, Justyn! I’ve brought this back to the team for review and consideration.

14. There have been multiple times that I have needed to review an old backup of a live site. Having the ability to restore a Live Backup to the Staging environment at the click of a button would be so helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time share this with us, Jason. I really like this idea and have brought it back to the team’s review for future a update. Thank you for your feedback!

15. Can we get a notification if the nightly plugin updates fail? That would be very intuitive and helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great idea! I’m going to bring this back to the team for consideration in a future update. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us!

16. My managed wordpress server was terminated taking all site off because my credit card had changed. I woke up to find the Jetpack alerts, then the Liquid Web email. I immediately looked into the situation, discovered the issue and set up new form of payment. My shock is that Liquid Web requires manual intervention to see the payment and turn the sites back on. This took 15 minutes. Why is this not an Automated Process? Can you fix this outdated process? You server is shut down for non-payment, you make payment, your server is automatically turned back on. It is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

An automated process that turns paid sites back on makes a lot of sense. I’m going to discuss this with our team to see how we can improve this going forward. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about this!

17. It would be helpful to receive a text or email when a backup fails so we could do a manual one. We've had a handful of random failures of Wordpress automatic backups; for our main site that's updated daily, even a single missed backup could be a problem.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Lindsey responded

John, I cannot believe we haven’t thought of this before! Obviously, we should and do take backups seriously. I really like this idea and can’t wait to take it to our Managed WordPress team for review. Thank you for your feedback.

18. Please add backup ability for staging environment.
    Also when users do a manual backup, let them name the backup.
    These are 2 very important features that WPEngine has, and you should too

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Ani King responded

Thank you for reaching out to let us know a few ways we can improve upon our backup system within Managed WordPress. We’re reviewing these suggestions, and appreciate the feedback.

19. Allow us to have multiple ftp logins for the accounts so that each user that has access to an install can have their own ftp login to that site

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Ani King responded

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding sftp users within Managed WordPress. While we currently have sftp/ssh users and permissions set up with security in mind, I understand that may not be allowing you to accomplish what you need, and we are actively reviewing ways to improve upon ways that you and others access your sites.

20. the log in time is literally days, weeks...it stays open unless you close it which is so not safe. and there is no additional security steps...

in addition to that, it's super easy to get hacked into by someone who is hacking to have access to your email address and change the password as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?