Skip to content

General

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

205 results found

1. I would like to be to able to create a user account for Managed WordPress that only allows that user to make changes to specific sites that I have running.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide the Cloud sites pricing tier to choose by the Customers as per their need and requirements, so there is no need to switch to VPS hosting. Also consider downgrade and upgrade of tiers are available.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ...is too long and wordy. I don't care what you're doing about Covid 19. And there are many bits you feel you need to say elsewhere in the system that you don't need to say. Believe it or not, when I call in, it's because I have a problem that I am anxious to fix as soon as possible. The LAST thing I need to to listen to your call robot drone on. If you care about your clients (and not just about your clients' money) then take a look at all the words, phrases, sentences, and menu items in…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. SSL is becoming more an more important, we offer our customers white labelled email address with their domain name such as webmail.domain.com

Clients are asking for SSL to be enabled on their webmail

Just found out that we cannot enforce SSL on white labelled webmail addresses hosted with Liquid web and only way is to give the clients a https://webmail.liquidweb.services URL

This defeats the purpose of white labeling

Can this be looked into and implemented soon please

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Alexandra Carl responded

Thank you making this suggestion. I agree that enforcing SSL on the white-labeled email product is an important feature.

I’ve taken this to our team and will keep you updated as progress is made.

5. Allow scheduled Storm backups. Currently the only option is daily and so in order to get more than a week of backups I need 500Gb. If I do not get more than a week of duration then the backups will be overwritten too quickly and I do not need 8 consecutive days of backup. Why not also offer a twice weekly option? Then I could drop to 250Gb and 4 backups would span 2 weeks. Then I would have more restore options further back in time is a problem is discovered.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We process thousands of invoices every month. It would be nearly impossible to manually process all of these by logging into a website and downloading them. Please make it possible to have the invoices emailed out automatically, or give us a way to pull them via SFTP or API so we can automate the process.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd like for management to work on getting more skilled chat operators, like it used to be. I am worried LW is going to turn into what HostGator did, crappy support. I have to chat to 2 chat operators back to back then call in today. It's not the first time. You can easily tell the chat operators do not have the same level of skills they used to have. The quality of service in chat support is at an all-time low. Coming from someone who has been in dedicated server reseller services for 22 years now. Not cool management,…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. VPS users who are not account owners but have access to the Manage.LiquidWeb.Com interface should also be able to unblock IP addresses as needed.

Just experienced this issue and it was determined that as an interace user I didn't have this capability. This very useful tool should be available to all users that can access the manage server website.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a freaking button to access business email from liquidweb login so I dont have to contact support every time i want to manage email addresses

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  Alexandra Carl responded

We are working on improvements to our UI since introducing the new email product. We look forward to releasing a user friendly portal to you soon.

10. It would be nice to simply user access by allowing SMAL authentication, so we can integrate access to the various portals and our Azure Active Directory.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ever since moving from WiredTree to LW I have been late with payments and even suspended as I received no warning messages.
    The only option is to add a Credit Card, which I prefer not to (and many people might not even have it).

With WiredTree, we could just add a PayPal subscription and forget about it, I cannot see why this is not added as an option, while regular PayPal payments are accepted?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There is no way to check the progress of server Resizing.. My suggestion is, there should be a way to check the progress of Resizing.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. DNS migrations would be a lot quicker if we could flip settings on my end while on the phone with a migrations tech. Migration specific issues could be solved a lot faster if the regular techs weren't relaying questions and answers back and forth over the phone. :-)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Having just suffered a ransomware attack with another ESP whose virtualization platform, like LiquidWeb's, is based on Windows HyperVisor, we're particularly sensitive to the real-world downsides of having Windows in our enterprise.

Should LW, while unlikely, suffer a similar fate of having the Windows host servers our Linux instances are hosted on get encrypted, having the images off site and on our own offsite backups, we'd be able to re-upload the images to LW and restore service again.

As it stands now, while unlikely, it is possible for the host server to be encrypted and for the onsite backups at…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The #1 thing I do inside the Managed Wordpress dashboard on a regular basis is initiate a backup of each of my sites. I would love to see a "backup" shortcut link on the main "my sites" screen under each site profile/preview, so that i don't have to click into the site > click backups > click to initiate backup, each time for every site. small incremental time savers like this would really add up.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would love an automated feature to push a staging site to the live site (production site). It's one click to copy a live site to staging inside Managed Wordpress, but it's a headache to then get the staging site back to live.

I know the WP Merge plugin is a better fit for many sites, especially those that use Woo Commerce or that are being actively updated. But still, it would be nice if something like the WP Merge process was baked into the Managed Wordpress interface.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. At present history tab on private parent server information shows a blank page. We want to see overall history of our private parent server. Currently there is no way to get that information. We can only see history details of individual child instances on private parent server.
    I request this feature because I have been thru series of hardware issues on private parent servers couple of times and there was no way to tell number of times private parent was down in past. This is a must have information for all private parent servers.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In Cloudsites, I sometimes have an end client that wants access to their own zone records. Usually it's an IT person who needs to add a record for a subdomain or routing through Barracuda spam filters, etc. Right now a client's access to the control panel is quite limited, and it doesn't give them access to their own zone records.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have been in the software industry for over 30 years, and I have created websites on Azure, AWS, and h-sphere. This control panel is by far the most difficult to get rolling.

If you could provide a link for the user for walking them through the systems they have subscribed to, it would make a huge difference.

For bonus points, make sure they are aware of the meaning of the mysterious

"lfd on host.yourdomainhere.com: Suspicious process running under user dovecot"

... that starts pouring into their mailbox. Apparently (based on a quick google) this is something that happens in…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable the ability to be able to run a backup of staging environments in Managed WordPress, and restore if the changes you make kill the site.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?